- Engine – Four stroke single cylinder water cooled, vertical diesel engine, developing 5 BHP at 1500 RPM.
- Dynamometer – Rope brake : Rope wound around water cooled brake drum and spring balance. Electrical: Suitable capacity Generator, and load bank with load measurement. Hydraulic dynamometer can be also supplied instead of rope or Electrical Dynamometer.
- Fuel intake measurement arrangement.
- Air intake measurement arrangement.
- Multichannel Digital temperature indicator to measure the temperature at various points.
- Water circulated exhaust gas calorimeter. The whole unit is mounted on a sturdy frame. A technical manual accompanies the unit.
Range of Experimentations
With the help of various measurement provided, the rig can determine BHP, IHP, mechanical & thermal efficiencies, air fuel ratio, specific fuel consumption and heat balance sheet at various loads.